02 March 2012

Kimber Tactical Entry II: Other Parts

In my pursuit of a very realistic airsoft Kimber 1911 pistol, I replaced the original parts of the Tokyo Marui Night Warrior with Nova parts that is unique to Kimber 1911s. This is basically the same as what I did to my Custom Covert II when I built it.

The first part that I really wanted to replace is the grip safety. Tokyo Marui Night Warrior's grip safety is a SFA-type with a bump while the Kimber Tactical Entry II has a smooth grip safety.



Next is the thumb safeties. The Night Warrior's thumb safeties are Kings type. Kimber has their own unique design of thumb safeties and Nova has recreated that design for airsoft 1911s.




The next part is the hammer. I used the hammer set same as the one I used for the Custom Covert: the Nova Kimber type hammer. It comes with a steel sear and pins for the strut.




Another part I replaced was the main spring housing. I removed the checkered main spring housing that I installed on my Covert and replaced it with another checkered one with a magwell. The one from the Covert was the one I used for the Tactical Entry because the Tactical Entry kit includes a magwell to be attached to a regular checkered main spring housing by removing the lanyard loop.

This was installed to the Custom Covert II


This was moved from the Custom Covert II to the Tactical Entry II


One part or set of parts that I used in the Tactical Entry build but not in the Covert build is the stainless steel full length guide rod and barrel plug set. I used a PDI full-length guide rod and plug set which looks exactly like the one on the real Tactical Entry II.




One more thing worth mentioning here is that I used my seasoned Tokyo Marui 1911A1's barrel bushing in the Tactical Entry because the one that is in the Night Warrior is silver; and the Tactical Entry has a black one same as the 1911A1.

I will be discussing the internal parts I replaced for this custom build next time. They are actually the same as the ones I used for the Covert but I'm posting them anyway, just for the sake of consistency.

Thanks!

Wired out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment