09 April 2012

Glock 18C

Remember the gun I was talking about that occupied my time while I was having second thoughts on building the Tactical Entry II? Yes, this is that gun. A Glock. A Tokyo Marui Glock 18C.



It seems that my preference for guns is changing and that those I didn't like before were growing on me, much like when I was just a M4/M16 lover but then started to really appreciate, if not love, the AK models, G36, UMP and MP5 series among others. 

First, I never liked two-toned guns, but that changed when I saw the Kimber Custom Covert II. I wasn't a fan of them completely but now I have this liking to some, if not most, of them. And now this...a Glock in my armory!

Well, it's not much of a surprise really because when Tokyo Marui released their 3rd Generation Glock17, I wanted to have one even though I was never really a fan of Glocks. To me they seem to be these lego blocks assembled to look like a gun. I don't know...but I liked the G17. Maybe it's the free night sight that comes with it. But I never got the chance to own one.

And still I'm not a fan. I've heard how other players say that it is so easy to modify the Tokyo Marui Glocks and that it is the same with their real steel counterparts. But then again, I'm a 1911 guy. I just love 1911s.

When I was having my frustrations with my 1911 custom builds, I've decided to try the Glocks. And one Tokyo Marui Glock interested me the most. It's the G18C. I like it because it has a semi- and full-auto selection and that I have that option to go full-auto only when I need it. Besides, it really looks badass with the compensator above the front of the slide.




The serial number acts as an additional safety feature which is not available in the real Glocks.

Again, with this gun, I've envisioned to have it in two-tone, maybe because Will Smith's G17s from the Bad Boys II movie were really cool. But I wanted to have a different set of tones from those G17s. You'll see in the coming entries.






And so I got sucked into the Glocks and I must say I am a fan now. I like it's performance and how easy it is to field strip it without the use of any tool. True to the words I've heard, it is simple to maintain and upgrade just like its real steel brothers. They are very reliable and ease to operate. Of course the real ones use the Glock "Safe Action" System  and Tokyo Marui doesn't have that complete system in their airsoft Glocks but their products work really well. They had to put an additional safety in the form of the serial number plate under the rail but this is just a minor deviation from the real Glocks. It was necessary to ensure safety when handling and operating a Glock airsoft gun.




The fire selector switch. Up for semi-auto and down for full-auto.






I've decided that I'll put metal slides and barrels on these beasts fo beauty (I have two G18Cs) to have that real steel  clink-clank sound. And add to that my usual handgun performance upgrades: Nineball hop rubber, tight bore inner barrel and a stronger recoil spring.








No comments:

Post a Comment