26 April 2012

Glock18C Black Custom

I've always wanted to use metal slides on my Glocks. My close friend had told me that installation was easy and that once installed, the sound of the slide racking is just music to the ears. I saw a couple of PGC metal slide and barrel sets in a local airsoft shop and I just couldn't let the opportunity to pass. 








Another part that I'm always keen on replacing is the inner barrel. I opted to use the PDI 6.01 Raven inner barrel as I have heard and read lots of good things about it.




One of the main reasons I got the G18C is its full-auto capability. This pistol was intended for my CQB games and most such games here in Japan were held indoors. Almost always, these game sites would have unlit area where it would be hard to aim your gun if you're using black iron sights or non-glowing sights. So part of the plan really is to put a Tritium sight and the Nineball Tritium sights for Glock are just awesome! 






My usual custom work for pistols would almost always include a hop rubber replacement and this particular custom gun is no exception. I always use the Nineball hop rubber whenever I replace the Tokyo Marui original hop rubber.



Of course, when the plastic slide and barrel are replaced by metal (aluminum) ones, no matter how light the aluminum is, it would tend to be heavier than the plastic parts. Replacing the recoil spring is a must so that the slide cycles well when the gun is fired. In this project I used a RCC 130% recoil spring.

I'm excited to show you the very easy process of changing from a plastic slide to a metal slide. Wait for it on the next post.

Wired out.

No comments:

Post a Comment